From: Miguel Angel Blanch Lardin <miguelangelblanchlardin@ho...> - 2006-10-19 21:00:53
I wanted to share with you that changes to come on Marauroa, just in case
any new idea can be added now that coding is to start yet.
- It is going to be a singleton.
- It will be the first step on a multiserver approach.
- Very similar to 1.x
- Perhaps it will be speed up by storing primitive types instead of just
Strings. (PRE: Measure improvement)
- Many changes.
- An RPClass will be associated to each type of object.
- It will have:
PUBLIC, the object is sent on the perception
PRIVATE, the object is omitted.
- The additions are related to two new classes: RPLink and RPEvent. I
explain it later. Also it is added support for hidden objects.
- Again, similar.
- Just added support for Events and Links.
- The star of 2.x.
- It is in the form of name=value or name=[value,...,value]
- The purpouse of the new class is to allow to notify objects of dinamic
events like being damaged, being attacked, being poisoned that right now was
done using a flag and a int value. The limitation of the actual way is that
you can't damage two entities simultaneously ( disabling us to implemnent
cool damage area magical spells ). Also think about chat, right now you
can't get two private messages at the same time...
- I will work hard to get this to work the first.
- Of course, this feature is going to need changes from Stendhal, but it
will benefict the code quality and simplicity.
-It will have:
* value: String
- Also appears as a necessity of Stendhal. This will solve the bank chests
problems. It is similar to an slot, but the object (only 1) contained there
don't belong to the player, so it can be a chest, a house, an animal, etc...
-It will have:
* linked object
The last think to change is Perception.
Right now Perception delivers just one full zone, the change for Marauroa
2.x ( x >5 ) is to make it deliver several zones that are less that one full
zone, saving bandwidth and allowing memory savings on client and less
information exposed. This change will be transparent to client so no
modifications will be needed.
On the recoding/refactoring I will also split PlayerDatabase and will make
it run apart of GameServerManager to make simpler on the future to split the
server in three independient parts:
* Login Server
* Game Server
* Storage Server
Anything I may miss? Any feature that is important that you want to remark?
BTW Position system of Stendhal will also change, so x,y will be GLOBAL ( to
world ), so that we can finally make NPC cross zones...
Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!