Interest in Mavenizing Marauroa?

Developers
2012-12-06
2014-01-06
  • As part of my Simple marauroa project, which I'm Mavenizing, I'm publishing artifacts on Maven Central. As part of this I need to Mavenize the project. Is there interest of that being shared back to the team or not?

• I already completed the Mavenization. It was pretty straight forward. The only thing I didn't do are as follows:
    1) Create the web page from Maven. I saw a lots of stuff that should be able to be translated.
    2)  Package as core and client code. This can be easily added.

• Balaur
    Balaur
    2013-12-23

I also think it would be a good idea to mavenize marauroa. I know there's a patch for that, but it was neither accepted nor rejected (yet).

Stendhal could benefit from this change, too...

• I did not get mvn to work and eventually gave up.

The dependency javax.jnlp:jnlp:jar:5.0 is missing. I tried to install it as suggested:

$mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.jnlp -DartifactId=jnlp -Dversion=5.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=libs/jnlp.jar

[INFO] [install:install-file {execution: default-cli}]
    [INFO] Installing /home/hendrik/workspace/marauroa/libs/jnlp.jar to /home/hendrik/.m2/repository/javax/jnlp/jnlp/5.0/jnlp-5.0.jar
    [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [INFO] BUILD SUCCESSFUL

But mvn test still complains that javax.jnlp:jnlp:jar:5.0 is missing.

• I still hold my mavenized version around. My patch was ignored. If still
      interested i can update and repatch. Stendhal might be a biggest task.

Attachments
      • Sorry, I did not comment on the patch because I assumed that I was too stupid, to install mvn properly. I did not realize, that this mvn-bug was triggered by the definition for jnlp in pom.xml.

Current status: I have locally commited your pom.xml file, fixed the jnlp issue thanks to your hint, and updated some descriptions. I am now working on making the automatic tests compatible to mvn (and less dependent on the environment).

I will push those changes together, so that people don't pick up a pom-file, which does not work.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments