Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Looking to Contribute

Developers
Chris
2011-09-26
2013-06-06
  • Chris
    Chris
    2011-09-26

Hey guys,

I'm also looking to help your project in-line with some coursework, if you'd like my help.
    I've had a look around the CVS and have a (very) basic understanding of the code.  The thing I couldn't find, though, was the dialogue - I imagine that must me in a database?  If so, are new developers free to add to the database, what are the protocols for doing so?

For the first month I plan to just get my bearings of the project, have a look at what could improve it, what bugs could be fixed and such.

So, are you guys interested?  And would you be willing to give occasional guidance to an open-source newbie?

Thanks,
    Chris.

• Chris
    Chris
    2011-09-26

That sounds great, thanks for your help!

• Katie Russell
    Katie Russell
    2011-10-13

Hi, I tried to reply to the email you just sent me but the SF address didn't work. Here is my reply:

Contributions are accepted via patches which can then be reviewed by a developer. If accepted, you would be credited in the commit message.

I am not sure if your contributions are Stendhal or Marauroa or another sub project, but please see

http://stendhalgame.org/wiki/How_To_Create_Patch_For_Stendhal

It is much more likely your patch will get processed successfully if you have discussed your proposed contribution in #arianne on irc.freenode.net, please discuss with a developer there (just write, as the channel is logged, and hang around). Such discussion is absolutely vital for an open source project to avoid work clashes or going in the wrong direction.

Thank you

• Chris
    Chris
    2011-11-01

Hey,

Bit of a miscommunication there, didn't see this reply (not sure why the email didn't work, double checked and it's correct).
    I'll have a read through the patch page and get connected to the IRC to discuss what I could help with.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments