Creating an account.

Developers
2006-06-19
2013-06-06
  • Hi,

To create an account, I have to implement a class derived from marauroa.server.createaccount.

This includes implementing a method that populates an RPObject for the character being created.  (For some unknown reason a player must have a character immediately.)

In this method I am only passed an IPlayerDatabase object, and the javadoc says that this is for myself to get the correct ID for the object.

Could someone please tell me what this object is used for, so that I can figure out what needs to be done.

What is most problematic is that, as far as I understand it, each RPObject must be in an IRPZone, which must be in an RPWorld.  If I have to create the object myself, I would have to get my hands on the World in some way, but if it is supposed to be a pre-existant object, I just have to find it.

Does anyone know what is going on?

• Hi,

I have figured it out.  The object needs to be added to the world and into a zone when the player logs in using that character.

Rather a strange way to work, and rather unfortunate that this part of the system is not documented on the wiki.

• Hi,

Why is a strange way of doing it?

Yes, you need to create an RPObject for player.
        There is no need of RPObject.ID for the object as the attribute is filled on addition with zone.assignValidID method on load.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments