Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Installing Marauroa Game Engine

Help
2011-12-27
2013-06-06
  • Simon Small
    Simon Small
    2011-12-27

I have installed the Marauroa Game Engine, using the Chat tutorial in the Wiki. I was not sure about where to locate all the files. I managed to get this working, but changed a few things - like the Classpath, and the hard-coded login!

Does anyone have an opinion on the directory structure and file locations? I might try to extend the Chat tutorial if I can understand it, but don't want to work out a new answer if someone has it already (I am a bit of a novice when it comes to Java :)

• Simon Small
    Simon Small
    2011-12-30

Thanks for the answer. I will have a look

Meanwhile, I have been dabbling with NetBeans. I can add the new Chat class to a new NetBeans project and set the main class. As soon as I add the marauroa.jar file I cannot get anything to run; I get a "Java can't find main class" error message

I am going to try to add the source code for marauroa and compile it myself. Let's see what happens.

• Simon Small
    Simon Small
    2011-12-31

Yes! Adding the Marauroa source code to NetBeans lets me run the Client program from NetBeans. Now to check that I understand what I have done, and to work on extending the Chat example. I'll follow up all my steps on the Wiki

More in a bit…

• Simon Small
    Simon Small
    2012-01-27

I have added several pages to the wiki for using NetBeans to develop the Chat Tutorial. It goes as far as the command line version of that Tutorial, and I have tried to add in some explanations. I have a few more bits that I would like to add shortly, but I think it will work as it is for someone wanting to get started.

I am not sure what to to with it next. There does not seem to be much of an extension to the Chat Tutorial in the existing wiki. If anyone has any ideas on how someone might want to move on from the working, but very elementary, Chat Tutorial it would help me. I will be happy with ideas; they don't have to include any coding or anything.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments