Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Joining the team

2005-12-30
2013-06-06
  • Hello again. I would like to make all harcoded English messages external and put them into a properties file so that translation of Stendhal to other languages is made easier and does not force to recompile after a translation. What should I do to join Arianne's depelopers community? I have professional experience in JAVA (J2EE, mysql also) but have never used CVS.

Best regards,
    Ramon Talavera
    maxdemian@terra.es

• Matthias Totz
      Matthias Totz
      2005-12-30

Hi Ramon,

you may want to read the how-to-join-arainne just to get warm :)
      http://arianne.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Join

In fact, it is very easy to join arianne. Get a fresh copy of marauroa (the framework) and stenhal (the server/client) and start coding. Once you think  your task has evolved so it can be committed to cvs you just submit a patch to
      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=1111&atid=301111

Most communication is handled over the developer mailing list, so you should subscribe there.
      Thats all ;)  If you got a question just send it to the dev-mailing list.

- Matthias

• Hello Matthias,
      Before all, thanks. I have seen little to no movement in the mailing list, is it due to Christmas celebrations or didn't I join the devel list correctly?

I will do my best and try to collaborate, if my everyday job allows me to :).

Best Regards,
      Ramon Talavera

• Hi Ramon,

Stendhal was build as a test of Marauroa ( and has served its purpouse perfectly ), but has overrun the initial objetive and it has become a fun and potentially good game.

So, everything is really hardcoded ugly done on Stendhal ( most of it, although we are refactoring ). Messages can be placed on a text file or in a XML file, but for example chats with NPC are build based on scripts, and they are not easily changeable.

I will have a look to it, but really I think it is not a priority right now.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments