Development Meeting on Sunday 22. Nov - 17:00

• Hi,

Stendhal 0.79 is mainly a bugfix release. We fixed an incompatibility with the most recent Ubuntu Linux version 9.10 and a server side crash. Here is a complete

With these fixes out, we are looking forward to adding new interesting features and expanding the world of Stendhal. Therefore we are inviting everyone to a development meeting on Sunday 22. November 17:00 server time. Please have a look at the bottom left corner of this page to learn the current server time.

On the screenshot at  you can see some people who helped with Stendhal 0.79. You can be one of them. You don't need to know how to code computer programs. There are many important task you can help with that don't involve coding. Thinking about new quests and testing are just two of them.

A first draft of the meeting agenda is below.

- Collecting ideas for small
    - improvements. Long term goals (and how to archive them in small steps).
    - The first 5 minutes (of new players).
    - How you can help
      - New Quests: From the first idea to something that is ready to be coded.
      - Testing: How to record solving of quests so that it can be used for automatic regression tests.
      - New Creatures and Items
      - Wiki Contributions
      - …
    - Other Topics

If you have any topic you would like to add to the list, please let /support know.

• Katie Russell
    Katie Russell

Hello all, just to remind you about the meeting and let you know that it will be in Semos Town Hall, hope to see you there.

• Great! I will read. I am sorry I missed it.

• So finally the last part of the meeting has been summarized and is available at the address kymara mentioned above:

Thanks to all who helped with the summary. This was quite a bit of work: The raw chat log is over 40 printed pages long.

The meeting was generally seen as being very inspiring and helpful. We should repeat it in a couple of weeks. This meeting was about 3 hours.  The next meeting should be limited to one hour.

Thanks all for participating.

Cancel   Add attachments