Follow system. And Questions.

2010-06-08
2013-06-06
  • Hello!, i am new on forum, and game..

I like stendhal, but, i think it needs a follow system, for kill a monsters, and a player, i HATE, run for kill rat "example" this is so sad , and pvp?? man ok i have bow i win, if not? i need run like a crazy, for hit the guy?  ….

One question, accounts will reset one day? or i can levelup my character.?  

and, magics, will have in game? Thankss

Sorry for my english, iam from brazil

• I like stendhal, but, i think it needs a follow system, for kill a monsters, and a player, i HATE, run for kill rat "example" this is so sad ,

Real monsters won't run away from you but towards you trying to kill you. Having to kill a coward creatures as introduction might not be a good idea. We discussed the new player experience at the last in game development meeting: http://stendhalgame.org/wiki/Stendhal_Development_Meeting_2009-11-22/Result_Log/New_Players#Killing_the_first_creature. Some changes like the fence work has already been done.

and pvp?? man ok i have bow i win, if not? i need run like a crazy, for hit the guy? ..

PVP is something that is allowed and part of the game but nothing we want to actively encourage. So it is by intent that killing players is not that easy. Keep in mind that unlike games like WoW in which you die several times an evening, players dying is supposed to happen rather seldom in Stendhal.

One question, accounts will reset one day? or i can levelup my character.?

If you play on the official server, you can safely invest time. The server is around for almost 5 years and we have no plans to shut it down. You might want to have a look at the http://stendhalgame.org/world/hall-of-fame.html. Please note that as Stendhal is completely open source (client, server, graphics, everything), a couple of people have set up their own servers and those servers usually don't stay up for more than 3 month.

and, magics, will have in game?

yes.

• Katie Russell
    Katie Russell
    2010-06-26

Rats in semos village, the first place that new players encounter creatures, are not cowards any more, so you do not have to chase those. Hopefully this is another thing which will make the game easier to start playing. No more running like crazy ;)

As you keep playing you'll notice that rats and mice and deer were anyway quite an exception: most creatures are not cowards, but want to fight hand to hand.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments