Real life meetup for project birthday

2010-02-09
2013-06-06
  • Katie Russell
    Katie Russell
    2010-02-09

Hello all,

In order to celebrate the 5th birthday of Stendhal and the 10 1/2
    birthday of Arianne we are going to have a meeting in real life.

It's for anyone who has contributed to Arianne and Stendhal, past and
    present. The activities will include a day of talks from key speakers
    from the project (past and present). Also there'll be some social
    events - dinner and a party.

When
       13th and 14th of March, 2010
    Where
       Hannover, Germany

For more details and to register your interest, please see
    http://stendhal.game-host.org/wiki/index.php/Arianne_Project_Meeting_2010

Looking forward to meeting some of you!

• dammit those are the last 2 days of hols im on in italy!

shame as eventhough im not actively involved anymore I loved my time on arianne and it would have been cool to put faces to handles and to be able to see everyone who has put all the awesome work into the project! 

anyway just wanna wish you luck with it and request you please record some of the talks so I can at least see them after the meetup

steve

• Markus
    Markus
    2010-02-10

Hi,

I will attend, too. I will also help Hendrik with the organization.

madmetzger

• Snaketails
    Snaketails
    2010-03-12

Unfortunately, I cannot attend this, as much as I would love to travel there…
    I know I havn't been active for a while on Stendhal, but I also haven't lost sight of where its going, and have been following the bug reports that are forwarded to my by the Sourceforge system ;o)

May I make a suggestion for a direction/opening for Stendhal, as I guess others may have suggested already that I don't know about, I think Stendhal doesn't need any modification (AFAIK) to become a application of Facebook.

If this were to happen, it would be one of a very few active participation games on there, active I mean by, you actually see your character doing the job your requiring it to do, not just a bar above its head…

Just my idea..

Whats the 5th Birthday date from?   cause if its game running time, then the Email..
    Date: 12/18/05 04:52 (AEST)

Subject:  Internal server test ( 48 hours )    

I'm actually still wondering when the 48Hrs is up :P

• Martin Fuchs
    Martin Fuchs
    2010-03-12

Congratulations for the birthday of this project and the recent "project of the month" award!   :-)

While I will not be there on your meeting, I hope we can at least follow the video about the talks.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments