It is so unimagineably hard to install, that I don't feel it's worth it.
In case anyone's wondering, I'm running Ubuntu Linux, 5.1.
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.
1) what is hard to install? Marauroa I assume as you dont need to install Stendhal
2) where did u get stuck? what was hard? Why were the docs not sufficient? help us improve the process.
1) Well, first off, I was having a hard time figuring out what to install. From the resources located online, I thought I had to install Marauroa in order to install Stendhal. I was having a hard time installing the whole thing - Apache Ant required about 100 different things, each of which required 100 different things.
2) I got stuck at installing Apache Ant, which comes before the actual installation of Marauroa. Maybe you should move toward creating your own version of ant which could be included? I don't know anything about either Ant or the workings of this project, so this could be a completely ridiculous thing to say, but it would be easier just to have to download one thing, and install the same thing.
I used http://arianne.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/ which would have been somewhat useful had I known where to go. I tried first going to the Marauroa: Build page ( http://arianne.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/HowToBuildMarauroa ), but that, of course, told me to install Ant, which is a much bigger problem than you'd expect. Then, I thought I'd do some reading on how to install Stendhal while Ant was downloading, so I took a look at the Stendhal User Manual ( http://arianne.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/StendhalManua l ) which is... incomplete.
Anyways, I feel that any steps that could be taken out would help tremendously - be it including ant/j-connector in the downloaded package, or anything else.
I would also be willing to help this project in any way/write documentation for this project if needed.
(p.s. - I forgot I had an account. I can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via MSN at the same address. AIM: imaekphp. YAH: imaekphp).
hi thanks for the feedback
1) I think the website makes it clear that you only need to do a Javawebstart to play stendhal but maybe the docs that comes in the package available for download doesnt make it clear. where did u get the impression marauroa was needed? can u please clarify
2) I will ask Miguel about thia and hopefully get the docs updated at the Wiki.
I run perfectly Stendhal on Ubuntu Horay.
see my topic in this forum: