man page tweaks

Ant Bryan
2008-12-01
2012-09-28
  • Ant Bryan
    Ant Bryan
    2008-12-01

I changed a few words and fixed a few typos in the English man page, available in svn.

I'll be going over it a few times to improve it. anyone see places that aren't as clear as they can be or flow well?

• Ant Bryan
      Ant Bryan
      2009-05-26

I made a very small change today.

also, this is hard for me to understand:

--allow-overwrite=true|false

If false is given, aria2 doesn’t download a file which already exists but the corresponding .aria2 file doesn’t exist.

I think it means:

If false is given, and a file already exists but the corresponding .aria2 file doesn't exist, then aria2 will not re-download the file.

or

If false is given, and a file already exists but the corresponding control file (filename.aria2) doesn't exist, then aria2 will not re-download the file.

• tujikawa
      tujikawa
      2009-05-27

Firstly, thanks for the change :)

It would be good to fix aria2c.1.txt instead of aria2c.1 directly because aria2c.1 is generated by makeman script.

http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/aria2/wiki/ManPageHowTo

> also, this is hard for me to understand:
      >
      >--allow-overwrite=true|false

Yes, I completely agree, my original text is a little bit ugly;)
      I chose 2nd one because "control file" is already used to refer .aria2 file in man page.

• Ant Bryan
        Ant Bryan
        2009-05-27

>Firstly, thanks for the change :)

my pleasure, to take part in something feels good!

>It would be good to fix aria2c.1.txt instead of aria2c.1 directly because aria2c.1 is generated by makeman script.

I knew I was forgetting something :) I'll try to remember to at least check the wiki next time

• i look for changes

http://aria2.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/aria2/trunk/src/usage_text.h?r1=859&r2=892

" proxy server for a particular proctol using\n"\"

a proctol ? ;)

"Currently Metalink is the only way to provide chunk checksums."

IMHO this add is stupid and must be deleted

• Ant Bryan
        Ant Bryan
        2008-12-02

thanks, proctol is fixed :) & a few others...

I'll let tt decide if that should be removed, it would be fine w/ me if he does.

• tujikawa
      tujikawa
      2008-12-02

Really thank you. I updated usage_text.h which has same error in aria2c.1.txt.

>I'll let tt decide if that should be removed, it would be fine w/ me if he does.

Ok, remove the phrase, since BitTorrent files can also provide chunk checksums.
      I'll update usage_text.h.

• it is also the sentence which seems "aria2c is the alone software which..."

we do not build a software which tries to destroy others... even if others or not have our specific functions...