downloads keep connecting and searching

Help
spider
2007-12-29
2012-10-22
  • spider
    spider
    2007-12-29

hi , i was just wondering why when i try to download movies ect... , i find that if it is high availability ( roughly 3 stars and up ) , that most of the time it will just keep searching and connecting , and it seems that the users will start high (eg. 100 , and count down to 1 and then it will go back to searching. I tried a suggestion to download and install the older version of ares but it seems to have come with a virus. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

• gRiMLiNk
      gRiMLiNk
      2008-03-10

http://torrentfreak.com/optimize-vista-for-bittorrent-emule-p2ptv/

that worked for me too much quicker just download the patch

ur welcome

• Daz
      Daz
      2008-01-01

It will keep connecting & searching because of the anti p2p known as MediaDefender thats flooding Ares with fake files.

http://www.peerevolution.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8010
      The above link is to the official Ares P2P forum, its the homepage for Ares 2.0.9.3033 (unofficial) which fixes allot of things, including download problems.

• axe9877
      axe9877
      2008-01-17

I recently got back home from Calgary and wanted to get some new music. I tried to enter Ares and found that it was uninstalled. I installed it again (no trouble with the instalation), but I can't get any songs what so ever. Ever song is ither seaching or connecting then back to seaching and stays there. What happened to the older version that I was using? I never had one problem with it. Can you tell me what I can do to fix this problem?

• Jeff Whittaker
      Jeff Whittaker
      2008-01-25

I've had many screwed up nights figuring it out,the only thing that I found to correct it everytime is a file named evid4226patch223d-en at forum.utorrent.com. It's a solution for tcp/ip in winxp sp2. I used to only get 2-3 downloads at maybe 35kb/s but after running the patch and changing the value to 50 I can download 15+ files up to about 500+kb/s. Haven't had a problem since! Try it,it worked for me after trying every other thing I could think of.

• moonbaby55
    moonbaby55
    2012-04-19

explain this download you posted above. what is the process. i am a newbie and
    don't understand what i am to do

• moonbaby55
    moonbaby55
    2012-05-17

how do i check for mediadefender? i can't get a thing to download, but people
    can upload from me. i'm getting sick to death with ares. is there anything
    else out there that is easy to use?