Welcome the the Archlinux Installhelper Script Wiki!
This script is currently in a alpha phase, may be instable and kill your cat!
What are the requirements?
You need to have Archlinux (base + base_devel) already installed and rebooted
Logged in as 'root'
A working internet connection
- Make the script bulletproof
- Better descriptions for all functions
- Add more desktopenvironments
- Add more software
- Add more 'Tweaks'
- Ask at the shell install zsh or grml zsh (thx defcon)
What does the script do?
All steps are optional and have dependencies. (E.g. sudo is NOT installed, then the user will not be asked to give sudo rights to %wheel group!)
- check if current user is 'root'
- check if internet connection is working
- do a system upgrade
- create a new user
- check if system is 64Bit and install multilib
- add archlinuxfr repo and install yaourt
- install sudo
- configure sudo
- install alsa-utils
- install x-server
- install gpu driver (nvidia|intel|bumblebee|ati|virtualbox drivers)
- change X keyboardlayout (ATM only german - make suggestions for new keyboard layouts!)
- install dbus
- install desktopenvironment (kde|gnome)
- install acpi
- install tlp
- install cpufrequtils
- use a RAM-Disk for /tmp
- disable tty3-6
- install additional software (unrar, codecs, flashplugin, jre, jdk, eclipse, eclipse-subclipse, android-sdk, unison, kate, jdownloader, libreoffice, dropbox)
- install another shell (grml-zsh|zsh)
- giving tips about additional tweaks
- print script sumary