Apophysis Trojan?

Help
Windy
2009-03-03
2013-04-25
  • Windy
    Windy
    2009-03-03

I posted this in the Open discussion forum but think it might be better suited here.

I have been running Apophysis for quite a while now, and am totally addicted. On the 27th of February my McAfee Antivirus decided to quarantine 2.08 beta, 2.06 and 2.05 saying there was Trojan called Generic! Artemis in them.

Has anyone else had this issue. Any ideas about why and if there is in fact a trojan there? As you can guess I am not too impressed at this stage.

• TulipVorlax
      TulipVorlax
      2009-03-03

Not at all.
      But my AV is not McAffee.
      There's a website where you can send a file to be tested by a big amount of different AV : http://www.virustotal.com/

• Windy
      Windy
      2009-03-08

Thankyou I checked it out and there were only 2 of AV's that pinged the program one of course was McAfee who say it has/is a Generic!Artemis Trojan (labels it Malware) and the other was eSafe (never heard of them) that say it is a suspect file ... now I have to jump through McAfee's hoops to try and get them stop quarantining the Apophysis programs ... it a pain in the proverbial as there is no way of telling the program to just ignore it or exclude it from its search .... (I think I am so over McAfee)