Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Odd error in loading flames

Help
Anonymous
2009-11-16
2013-04-25

• Anonymous
    2009-11-16

Hi,

Apophysis is exhibiting some strange behaviour when I reload a 'hand' created flame after editing and then saving it. Essentially, the flame seems to turn to gibberish when I reload it, yet displays and renders absolutely fine until I save it and reload…

I have no idea what is causing this behaviour and am not sure as to a solution.

The only quirky thing I do is use the palette parameter (i reselect the appropriate palette using the gradient editor) in my flame as I find this easier when using the flam3-genome/render command line apps; I also create my flames using Linux as I have use a set of scripts to evolve things in the way I like… however, I have done this for a while and only recently has this behaviour shown itself when moving flames to windows to edit and render…

I've tried using the "save gradient in old format option" but neither makes any difference…

Any help gratefully received…

• Anonymous
    2009-11-16

Just as an update, i've experimented with removing parts of the flame, and it seems that the final transform that gets applied on save is the problem… if I change it by hand back to a regular transform then everything is okay…

Is there any way I can stop this?