2.05 Beta 2 / Windows 98 Conflict

Help
Guy Montag
2007-01-06
2013-04-25
  • Guy Montag
    Guy Montag
    2007-01-06

On Windows 98 operating system 2.05 beta 2 opens interface but does recognize, display, or render selected (or default) flames in preview window. This conflict was not present with 2.05 beta or earlier versions.

• Piotr Borys
      Piotr Borys
      2007-01-06

Well, this problem will grow bigger and bigger... you know, it's a really old system, no longer supported. I'll try to inspect this, but...

cheers, Peter.

• GregGlass
      GregGlass
      2007-03-24

Yeah, But it's a really old system that some of us know and love!  :)

The previous-er versions show up as expired, is there any way around this so I can use something with a few more bells and whistles than 2.02 ?

Thanks,
      Greg

• Piotr Borys
        Piotr Borys
        2007-03-25

I'm working on this bug. I've recognized the function causing a problem already, now trying to go around it. Unfortunately, I'm a rather busy man... :/

cheers, Peter.

• GregGlass
      GregGlass
      2007-04-01

Well, You're just going to have to add 3 more hours to your 32 hour day to oblige us whiney fractal junkies.  Hope it's good busy and not bad busy...

• Piotr Borys
        Piotr Borys
        2007-04-01

Ha, it'd be good to recompile a CalendarDay object to give it more capacity... ;)
        And yes, I'm good busy - lots of good work :) Hopefully I can see some spare time approaching.
        cheers, Peter.

• GregGlass
      GregGlass
      2007-05-08

Any Idea when the fix might be implemented?  I'm all excited like a little kid here waiting...I love this program!  Can you be bribed?

• GregGlass
      GregGlass
      2007-06-01

Peter:
        If you ever get around to releasing another version could you please consider not putting an expiration date in it?  It would be such a terrible shame for you to move onto bigger and better things and have this project die out.
      Cheers!
      Greg

• Piotr Borys
        Piotr Borys
        2007-06-01

As for now new betas will have an expiration date. If I ever quit this project before releasing a new full version, then I will remove this expiry thing. And besides - there're sources for it available for anyone who wishes to make his own version.
        cheers, Peter.