Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

script error

Help
panther
2007-04-26
2013-04-25
  • panther
    panther
    2007-04-26

ok. i'm brand new to the apophysis programs, and i'm currently using beta version 2.052, and i ran into a problem when i was trying to add a script for tubes to the current scripts. this may be an issue with the encoding of the script, or it could just be me not knowing how to work it properly. ok. basically what's happening is that when i run the script it pops up with a syntax error at 1,4. i have a PK there, and i believe that's what's causing the problem, as this is the message it is giving....

Line 1 : Unknown identifier or variable is not declared: 'PK'

so is this an issue with the beta? or am i not doing something i should? or is it just an issue with the script? any help would be appreciated.

thanks!
    panther

• Piotr Borys
      Piotr Borys
      2007-04-27

Please, post some more content... ;)

Generally it could be your script was written for another Apophysis version. But before we get further, please post a few lines of this code here.

cheers, Peter.

• panther
        panther
        2007-04-28

i think i got it figured out late last night. i was told from the creator that he'd seen it before and that it was just missing the first part of the code {*************************
        i got the code from ToAPP on deviant art, and had asked in a comment there as well. i'd finally gotten it to working after about a good 4 hours of working with it, and i'm still not really understanding how the scripting code works, i'm just too new at this i think ;-)

so another question? are there any good tutorials or anything for me to learn the scripting easier? not to mention, i keep getting stuck on the stuff. grrrrr. i know you are on dA as well, is it ok to contact you there?

thanks!
        pantherwitch (aka janet)

• Piotr Borys
          Piotr Borys
          2007-04-28

First, there's some stuff at
          http://apophysis.wikispaces.com/

and then in one of Apophysis' group on dA journals there's a whole bunch of links. Besides, I'm quite often on dA chat (#Apophysis room), and always on Apophysis maillist, so you can contact me (although tomorrow I'm leaving for a few days).

cheers, Peter.