hello & test & CVS

2005-01-16
2013-04-25
  • Scott Draves
    Scott Draves
    2005-01-16

first post!  :)

thanks to ronald for creating the project.
    do you plan on using the CVS tree?

• Ronald Hordijk
      Ronald Hordijk
      2005-01-17

Yes, It was intending to use the CVS Tree.
      It is a nessecarity when more people are working at the same time and it is a good way of learning  to use csv.

• Piotr Borys
      Piotr Borys
      2005-01-19

So, hello here pps :)
      Yeah, cvs is a *must*.
      I have D7, and have had some problems getting scripter studio to work properly... ;) Any ideas?

• Ronald Hordijk
      Ronald Hordijk
      2005-01-22

Yes, Scripter studio was the most troublesome.

I am switching to delphi2005 and have just installed it again. these are the steps I used.
      1. downloaded the latest version from http://www.tmssoftware.com., which is 2.7.1
      2. Compiled and installed the package ascriptXX were X is the delphi version.
      3. In apophysis I added the path where the package was located and the imports/delphiXX directory. (this is easily overlooked)
      4.With Delphi2005 you get warnings with the scripter form. This is becuase the property of the editor control are changed. But If i ignore these and save the form they are gone.

hope this helps.

• Piotr Borys
      Piotr Borys
      2005-01-29

Oh, I know already, what's going on ;)
      I have D7 *Personal*, and this edition does not have internet components, which Scripter Studio depends on :[
      Probably I will have to check those sources and maybe the internet code is separable (is there btw *any* internet code in this lib?? what for?).

• Carl Skepper
      Carl Skepper
      2006-01-06

Hi all :)

For info I have some knowledge of Delphi Programming (v3) some time ago but this software has rekindled my interest. I downloaded the available source and additional components as
      I too have D7 Personal and found the same problem before I became aware of this forum. Was it possible to get around the Scripter Studio problem without having to upgrade to the professional edition? If so can someone please advise?

Thanks
      Carl

• Carl Skepper
      Carl Skepper
      2006-01-06

Just to add to my last postinng I did contact TMS Software about it. Here is the reply and my original post -

14.12.05:
      You're correct that this issue with httpprod.dcu is due to the Personal version of Delphi.
      This requires the HTTP page producer for the TatWebScripter component which is unfortunately
      not included in the Personal edition

Kind Regards
      Bruno Fierens
      TMS software team
      Web http://www.tmssoftware.com
      Email : mailto:info@tmssoftware.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent: woensdag 14 december 2005 1:00
      To: TMS software
      Subject: Re: Problem with Scripter Studio

Bruno,
      Thanks for getting back to me so quickly on this. Unfortunately that didn't work as I had to comment out another few references (tee, dbrtl and vcldb) before I got this error: [Fatal Error] ascript7.dpk(78): File not found: 'HTTPProd.dcu' which I believe is a native Delphi file. As I have searched for it (and the .pas file) on my system without success, I can only assume it must have something to do with the fact I am using the Personal Edition of the IDE unless you can think of anything else?

Many thanks,
      Carl

• Piotr Borys
      Piotr Borys
      2006-01-08

Hi Carl,
      Well, I never succeeded compiling Apophysis with D7P, only with Pro version.

• Carl Skepper
        Carl Skepper
        2006-01-08

Piotr,

OK Thanks for that. Looks like I will need to upgrade if I want to work with the source code :(

Carl