apkFileManager is a small program to catalog and organize your (legally obtained) apk file collection on your computer.
I created this little tool because I keep a backup on the computer with my installed and purchased apk files.
It didn't take long and this folder to become cluttered with multiple old versions for each App and non-properly named files.
So I searched for an program that will be able to organize this mess.
I found only basic apk file renamers that were either basic scripts or either needed java or .net installed, and only use the build-in information from each apk file.
So, I sat down and started to write a program which could organize my collection a little better.
- Reads apk's from a directory and extracts icons, and informations with the help of aapt.
- Gets Google Play Store details and descriptions for selected or all apk's.
- View Screenshots from Google Play Store (Information from the Store must have been retrieved before).
- Move older and/or duplicate versions of apk's to another folder, so you can inspect them and remove them as necessary.
- Rename and/or move files by using a custom [Rename Mask].
- Batch rename apk's using a mask.
- Preview file rename/move operation.
- Move files automatically to subfolders named from the official Google Play Store categories.
Main Window, showing options pane
Single File Rename
Mass File Rename