Help
Suma
2007-11-14
2013-04-22
  • Suma
    Suma
    2007-11-14

Good morning Patrick,
        After I installed APEXLIB, the validations for POPUP KEY LOV(displays meaning and returns value) and for TEXT AREA are not firing. Only the validation for textbox is firing.
    Can you please help me? What am I to look for? And the problem is just isolated to one page. I am big bind and at a loss of time as approaching the deadline. I appreciate any ideas you can give me.

rgds,
    Suma.

• Patrick Wolf
      Patrick Wolf
      2007-11-14

Hi Suma,

do you mean APEX validations which you define in the APEX Builder? Or Javascript onchange validations you have added?

When you set your page into debug mode and submit the changes you did on the form. Do you see that the validations are processed? Are you sure that you haven't added some condition or something else which prevents firing the validation now?

I don't think that this has something to do with the framework, I would check if the validations are really fired.

Hope that gives you a hint.
      Patrick

• Suma
      Suma
      2007-11-14

Thank you for replying Patrick,
          Yes, you are right. The validations are not firing. Only validation that is firing is for a textfield! When I put debug on the page that the validations are working the following process is fired as first process:
      Clear forms items.(ApexLib_Lov.clearLovNullValues),

But this process is not happening on the page I am having trouble.
      The validation is simply a "NOT NULL validation" on a manual form. If you have any ideas I appreciate it. I am finding that the page is not submitted at all nor is re-rendered.
      Thanks again, any piece of advice is appreciated.
      rgds,
      Suma.

• Patrick Wolf
        Patrick Wolf
        2007-11-14

Ok, that makes it a little bit more clear.

When you comment out the

ApexLib_Browser.initValidation
          ( pShowRequiredWarning => TRUE
          );

in your page 0 region "ApexLib - Before footer".

Does that solve your problem? It's a workaround to disable the client side (browser) validation of the framework. That should help you that the problem isn't a show stopper for you.

But back to your original problem. Is it possible to access your application? Or can you upload it to apex.oracle.com so that I can look what's wrong?

Patrick

• Suma
      Suma
      2007-11-14

Hi Patrick,
           Thanks again. I disabled the code on page 0. But , it did not help. But, I made a little more progress in the sense, I am able to see the NOT NULL Validation errors for the LOVs and the TEXTAREA in the "NOTIFICATION AREA" of the page. On the initial instance of running the page, upon validation error, it looks like the page is not being submitted and hence, the Clear forms items.(ApexLib_Lov.clearLovNullValues) is not being fired.
           Unfortunately, It is not possible to access my application. Would it help, to upload the application without underlying data? The app is SSO enabled and all. I can't thank you enough for your time and willingness to help me out.
      rgds,
      Suma.

• Patrick Wolf
        Patrick Wolf
        2007-11-15

Yes send me an export. It would also help when you send me the structure of the table the page is based on.

I don't know if I'm able to get your page running, but it will help at least to check your settings. Can you also send me the output of your page when you run it in debug mode and you submit the page?

You can find my e-mail address in the installation files.

BTW, when you remove the application process (the one with the clear) of ApexLib, do you still see the problem?