Help
Suma
2008-06-24
2013-04-22
  • Suma
    Suma
    2008-06-24

Hi Good afternoon Patrick,
      I followed the installation instructions and integrated the apexlib_1_7 into my application_schema. When I run the application I am getting an error as follows:
    Message Section t10messages not found!! I checked the templates as you suggested in previous threads for <div class=t10messages> and also, I have it in page 0 per instructions. Can you please suggest any ideas?
      Thank you and appreciate any help you can give me,
    rgds,
    Suma.

• Patrick Wolf
      Patrick Wolf
      2008-06-25

Hi Suma,

have you checked the case of t10messages? It's case sensitive. It's also important that you put it into all page templates which are used by your application!

Patrick

• Suma
      Suma
      2008-06-26

Hi Patrick,
        Thank you for your time. The customer did not want a validation for an item, that was required by the database. And the process was trying to insert a null value into a primary key and was getting this error message, saying Message section t10 messages not found, along with ORA-01400 error. Hence, I did not know if it was apexlib that is not able to find the message section t10messages to display a sql error messagefrom DB. Thank you again for your kind help,
      rgds,
      Suma.

• Suma
      Suma
      2008-07-08

Hi Patrick,
         Good morning . Please can you help me... On only one of my pages, I am getting the errors as a small Microsoft internet explorer popup window:

Message Section t10messages not found: Error :<SPAN class=ApexLibError id=Error_p23_PARTNUMBER apexlib:inlineError="Part Number is required" apexlib:fieldid="P23_PARTNUMBER">Part Number is required.</SPAN><BR>

Please advise.

regards,
      Suma,

• alan rintoul
      alan rintoul
      2008-07-08

Hey Suma,

Patrick mentioned this on another thread about this problem...

"Check if your page item/column has a numeric format mask assigned, otherwise I will not identify it as a numeric item. -> min/max isn't applied."

Adding a numeric format mask to the item solved my particular problem for the item in question.

Alan

• Suma
      Suma
      2008-07-09

Hi Alan,
        Thank you for your time. But, The field is alpha numeric and there is no format mask specified. I have the same template across different pages and only on a particular page I am getting this error. The difference, between the page where I am getting this error and other pages is , I am having the validations set on a particular condition ie when a button is pressed where as in others I have them on submit, before validation and computation.

Any more suggestions? Appreciate any help you can give me.

rgds,
      Suma.

• alan rintoul
        alan rintoul
        2008-07-14

Hi Suma,

Sorry - I do not have a suggestion for the problem you are encountering.

Alan

• Suma
      Suma
      2008-07-12

Hi Patrick,
        Can  you please look into my problem?? Please, we have to role this into production and I am not able to resolve this..
        Appreciate your time.

rgds,
      Suma.

• Patrick Wolf
        Patrick Wolf
        2008-07-13

Suma,

run the page where the error message is displayed and have a look into the HTML page source. Search for

div class="t10messages"

Do you find it in the HTML code of this page? Or just search for messages ?

Are you sure that you use the same page template on that page as on the pages where it works?

Patrick

• Suma
      Suma
      2008-07-14

Hi Patrick,
        When I get the error page the error is shown in a modal window. And it is reuiring me to click "OK" button, and so I am not able to see the html source code at that point. Once I click, "OK" then, the control is back to my form. The record is not even being saved upon error.
        Yes, it is the same template on rest of the pages. The only difference between this page and other pages is that , on other pages, the validations are set "ON SUBMIT" without a condition, but on this page, there are no initial validations, but the validations occur only when a button is pressed.

Thank you for any help you can give me. Please let me know if you need me to send anything for you.

Best rgds,
      Suma.

Hi Alan, It is okay. You tried. Thank you for that!!

rgds,
      Suma.

• Patrick Wolf
        Patrick Wolf
        2008-07-14

Hi Suma,

your answer didn't really answer my question. You don't have to produce the error, just check the HTML code as soon as the page is displayed. The DIV has to be there so that ApexLib knows where to put that kind of error. Have you for sure followed step 3.11 of http://apexlib.oracleapex.info/howto_integrate.html ?

If it still doesn't work, send me the HTML output of your page so that I can have a look if the DIV is included.

Regards
        Patrick