"which row is selected" and report pull

2007-10-12
2013-04-22
  • Steve Howard
    Steve Howard
    2007-10-12

Hi Patrick,

As I have mentioned in the past, I am using and loving the functionality of apexlib - but have run into something where I need some technical advice...

I used Carl's report pull (DHTML from another page) and in the report added a row selector.  Now... I need to be able to allow the users to select which rows they want then to create/insert records based on their choices.

Q: I don't seem to be able to use the apexlib "which row is selected" functionality with this pseudo-report.  Is there a way to do it?

Thanks,
    Steve Howard

• Patrick Wolf
      Patrick Wolf
      2007-10-12

Hi Steve,

are you able to set up some example page on apex.oracle.com so that I can have a look? Would makes it a lot easier.
      Use the http://apexlib.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/apexlib/trunc/Documentation/Examples/ApexLib_Install_for_apex_oracle_com.sql file to install the required supporting objects (packages, view, ...) on apex.oracle.com and just import the sample application feature_demonstration_for_3_0.sql to have a running application with integrated ApexLib where you can create that page.

Patrick

• Steve Howard
      Steve Howard
      2007-10-12

Well I can set up something similar - the page is in the midst of an application (about three levels deep at this point)...

I will try - it will probably look like Carl's example (except for the row selector thing).

Steve

• Patrick Wolf
        Patrick Wolf
        2007-10-13

Maybe it's possible to just change one of the pages of the ApexLib feature demonstration application.