From: Adam Kropelin <akropel1@ro...> - 2009-05-16 17:19:54
I am pleased to announce apcupsd-3.14.6, the latest release in the apcupsd
stable series. This release includes several new features as well as a
number of bug fixes.
Among the new features is a major update to the user manual. The source
document is now formatted in reStructuredText which makes updates very easy.
We have lost the multi-page HTML version for now, but single-page HTML and
PDF are available.
We also have brand new manpages for all major apcupsd components, courtesy
of Trevor Roydhouse. Support for the QNX operating system was contributed by
Mikhail Gruzdev, and support for shutting the UPS off completely (as opposed
to hibernating) was contributed for this release by Keith Campbell.
A number of bug fixes are included as well.
As usual, see the ReleaseNotes excerpt below and the ChangeLog is available
as well if you want the gritty details.
Source tarball plus win32 and Mac OS X binaries are available now. RPMs will
be coming out shortly.
3.14.6 -- 16 May 2009 (Maintenance Release)
* Major updates to the User Manual. Rewritten battery maintenance section
courtesy of Trevor Roydhouse <trev@...>. Many other updates
including the SmartUPS protocol and OS support sections. Furthermore,
the manual is now formatted in reStructuredText
(http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html) and as a result is very
easy to update. (The only down side is the multi-page HTML version is
no longer available; the HTML version is all on a single page.)
* New manpages for apcupsd, apcupsd.conf, apctest, apcaccess, and
apccontrol. Many thanks to Trevor Roydhouse <trev@...> for the
* Support for QNX. Tested on QNX 6.3.2. Contributed by Mikhail
* Add support for turning the UPS off completely. This complements
existing hibernate (aka killpower) functionality. Turn-off is
implemented for apcsmart and USB drivers, subject to support for the
relevant commands in the UPS itself. Contributed by Keith Campbell
* apcsmart: Deadlock fixes during comms failures. Contributed by Keith
* linux-usb: Fix out-of-bounds array access. Contributed by David Fries
* Fix build with gcc-4.4. Contributed by Michal Hlavinka
* apcsmart: Fix crash during process shutdown (SIGTERM). Contributed by
Andrey Sharandakov <ash.ashway@...>
* Several other minor fixes and improvements. See ChangeLog for details.