From: Adam Kropelin <akropel1@ro...> - 2006-09-29 02:11:40
I've just released apcupsd-3.13.9 to Sourceforge. A summary of changes
versus 3.13.8 is below. As always, many thanks to those who contributed
patches or bug reports for this release.
This should be the LAST development release before 3.14.0. Please TEST
those platforms that matter to you (and some that do not!). Support for
runtime configurable paths involved quite a few changes so there is some
risk of breakage. Report any issues to apcupsd-users and feel free to
cc: me directly.
CHANGES SINCE 3.13.8
* New features:
- Runtime configurable paths for apccontrol (SCRIPTDIR),
nologin (NOLOGINDIR) and powerfail (PWRFAILDIR). This makes
it possible to run multiple apcupsd instances without having
to compile each with custom configure options.
- Win32 installer (and apcupsd itself) supports installing to
any directory you wish, not just C:\apcupsd.
- Event popup messages on Win98 do not block execution of
subsequent script actions.
- Ambient temperature is reported for USB UPSes with a AP9612
- pcnet driver detects COMMLOST and SelfTest events.
- pcnet driver supports killpower (turning off UPS output
power). Thanks to Moshe Hyzon <hyzon.moshe@...>
and his employer for loaning me a AP9617 card to test with.
- Mac OS X Darwin apccontrol script uses Growl for notifications
if it is installed.
* Numerous bug fixes; highlights include...
- Win32 socket leak fix
- Windows NT 4.0 support is fixed
- Miscellaneous bug fixes from Stanislav Brabec
<sbrabec@...> and Carl Lindberg
- Lots of other fixes, see ChangeLog for details.