Dear APBS users --
We're happy to announce the release of APBS 0.5.0, now available from the APBS web site (http://apbs.sourceforge.net/). This release contains a number of new features and bug fixes, including:
* A significantly streamlined configure/build/install procedure
* New features for apolar solvation calculations
* New spline-based charge and surface discretization methods
* More sophisticated boundary condition evaluation
* New tutorials, examples, and documentation
* XML input/output support
Other new features are listed in the APBS ChangeLog, available with the source distribution or online (http://apbs.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/apbs/tags/APBS-0.5.0/ChangeLog?view=markup).
Thanks to all the users and external contributors/developers who made this release possible.
The APBS Development Team
Associate Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics
Center for Computational Biology, Washington University in St. Louis