August 8, 2007, Chicopee, MA - Apatar, Inc., the leading provider of open source software tools for the data integration market, announced Aggregation module for Apatar Open Source Data Integration software. The new feature allows aggregating data from multiple sources and enables Apatar users to easily aggregate information between RSS feeds, files (such as Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, CSV/TXT files), databases (MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MS Access), applications (Salesforce.com, SugarCRM), and the top Web 2.0 destinations (Flickr, Amazon S3).
Apatar is the first company to release open source tools for non-technical staff and customers to access the application data they need to do their jobs more effectively. Apatar provides support, training, and consulting services for its integration solutions.
Major Apatar Offerings
Apatar Enterprise Data Mashups (www.apatar.com)
Apatar Enterprise Data Mashups is the first open source on-demand data integration software tool set and services, which help users integrate information between databases, files, and applications. Imagine you could visually design (drag and drop) a workflow to exchange data and files between files (Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, CSV/TXT files), databases (such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle), applications (Salesforce.com, SugarCRM), and the top Web 2.0 destinations (Flickr, RSS feeds, Amazon S3), all without having to write a single line of code. Users install a visual job designer application to create integration jobs called DataMaps, link data between the source(s) and the target(s), and schedule one-time or recurring data transformations. Imagine this capability fits cleanly and quickly into your projects. You've just imagined what Apatar can do for you.
ApatarForge is the first on-demand service, released under an open-source license, which allows anyone to build and publish an RSS/REST feed of information from their favorite Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, news feeds, databases, and applications. ApatarForge is the community effort where business users and open source developers publish, share, and re-use data integration jobs, called DataMaps, over the web. ApatarForge is the prime destination for Apatar users to collaborate and extend an Apatar Data Integration project. ApatarForge.org now hosts more than 130 DataMaps containing metadata. All DataMaps are available for free download at http://www.apatarforge.org.
- Reduce integration cost
- Improve data quality
- Shorten implementation time
- Reduce maintenance costs
- Eliminate custom coding
- Knowledge workers can subscribe to secured internal or external RSS feeds aggregated from ERP/CRM systems, databases, personal and shared files and XML feeds.
- Synchronization across multiple interfaces (on-premises, on-demand, mobile)
- The ability to personalize feeds for workgroup collaboration, opportunity tracking, business and competitive intelligence, and project management.
- No coding! Visual job designer and mapping enable non-developers to design and perform transformations
- Users have the ability to create, publish, share, and re-use data transformations and output to RSS feeds by monitoring keywords and URLs for both internal and external systems.
General Features & Benefits
Apatar brings its users a set of unmatched capabilities in an open source package:
- Visual job designer and mapping enable non-developers to design and perform data transformations.
- Aggregating and reading RSS content
- Connectivity to Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, Sybase, Microsoft Access, PostgreSQL, InstantDB, BorlandJDataStore, Csv, Qed, HSQL, Compiere ERP, SalesForce.Com, SugarCRM, Goldmine, Microsoft Excel, XML, RSS, ATOM, FTP, POP3, LDAP, WebDav, Autodesk Buzzsaw, any JDBC data sources, Amazon S3, Flickr.
- Job Scheduler
- Single interface to manage all your integration projects
- Flexible deployment options
- Bi-directional integration
- Platform-independent, runs from Windows, Linux; 100% Java- based
- Easy customization, source code included
Apatar is the leading provider of open source software tools for the data integration market. With powerful Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) capabilities, Apatar enables its users to easily link information between databases (such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle), applications (Salesforce.com, SugarCRM), and the top Web 2.0 destinations (Flickr, Amazon S3). Apatar provides support, training, and consulting services for its integration solutions. Headquartered in Western Massachusetts, Apatar operates a development center in Minsk, Belarus. Apatar is currently used by 250 organizations and individuals worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.apatar.com, and http://www.apatarforge.org.
More information is available at an Online Apatar Press Room, found at http://www.apatar.com/newsroom/.