IRc channel changes

2013-07-16
2013-08-24
  • lee johnson
    lee johnson
    2013-07-16

Hi there all,

I tried to make some changes in TOPIC ( among other needed things a OP must/can do ) on freenode: #aoi, but realized Im unable to, given the channel was created in 2005, by 'kub' user. I tried to PM her/him but no answer, and this person has not been online since 9/2012.

I therefore created ##aoi, because #aoi is not allowed unless you are affiliated with art of illusion in some fashion, I presume staffers mean someone who is allowed to speak for the program, blah.

I presume everyone here involved, prefers aoi as the irc channel name ?

If so, we can go with ##aoi which freenode recommends as noted above, or we can go with #aoi, but then we'll need one of you ( or give me that right if you prefer, or someone active on IRC at the very least) to contact a freenode staffer and ask for OP priviledge in light of the above facts.

For now, I'll be at ##aoi obviously and you can contact me there as well if you wish.

Im self employed so I tend to be there a lot during the day.

Cheers
    nl

• lee johnson
    lee johnson
    2013-08-24

OK nevermind about all of that, as I've decided, because I think #artofillusion looks better and its more accurate, and that other apps do something similar, like #blender for the blender 3d app, that I would use the above instead.#aoi was short and sweet, I didn't own the channel which caused problems and well short notwithstanding, I think using the name of the app itself instead of shortening it way down makes more sense and looks great ;)

I hope everyone that can will join in so we can make Art Of Illusion more popular and possibly even help the coders create a even better app over time. Games have huge teams so I don't think it would hurt Art Of Illusion, to increase and enhance its already quite awesome feature set ;)

cheers
    lj