I tried for about 3 hours to get the program running. But without any chance. I see no application, nor can I install the j2me file onto the mobile phone. It always says that it can't handle the file. I tried all version on the sourceforge server.. Now I'm really tired of using it. I tried to reinstall the whole program, but than the program told me it cannot find the *.jar's, but the path to the file was definately correct.
1. Is anyremote-J2ME-client installed ?
Please list files of this package (rpm -ql ... or dpkg -L ...).
2. Open GUI and select Setup->Properties
Be sure what value of "Upload java client from" field points to the location of
3. In no luck upload *jar file to the phone by hand (gnome-obex-send ort kdebluetooth)
4. Send mail to anyremote at mail.ru with all details
Thanks for your fast answer.
but I also added the files available on the web page. I tried version
2. I am sure I entered the correct folder "/usr/share/anyremote-J2ME-client"
3. I can upload the file, and I can save it on my mobile phone, but it says that it is an unknown file type.
On Nokia phones, you have to install the .jar/.jad file instead of just pushing it with the obex client.
Use f.e. gammu:
/usr/share/anyremote-J2ME-client$ gammu --nokiaaddfile Application anyRemote-16b -overwriteall
You have to setup ~/.gammurc first.
Some old Nokia phones (Yes, 6021 is one of then) does not allow OBEX push of *jars.
In this case ina ddition to Gammu it is possible (if You have MS Windows) use Nokia Suite tool.
Modern Nokia S40/S60 phones does not have this limitation (see list of supported devices at anyRemote site)