Help
Massi
2008-07-15
2012-12-10
  • Massi
    Massi
    2008-07-15

hi all!

Please I need support about these 2 errors: (please note i've already got anyremote+kanyremote running on my debian testing+kde3.5.9 on the same pc (amd64) but now I'm trying to get it working the other partition under kubuntu Hardy Heron:

1h error) I installed everything (including anyremote and anyremote java client), but if I try to run kanyremote i've got this error:

massi@Ubuntu-desktop:~$ kanyremote
    Use port 5050
    Debug No
    QImage::smoothScale: Image is a null image
    kanyremote: Fatal IO error: client killed

2h error) So I installed ganyremote and it works. But when I open anyremote on the cellphone and it search for devices it found my pc but instead to get the pc's name (as it used when I do that with debian-test running on my pc) it gets a strange code like that:

comm:USB0
    comm:COM0
    comm:BT0
    comm:BT1
    comm:BT2
    ...until...
    comm:BT63

This second error happens in my notebook as well. Note it runs kubuntu as well.

So: any1 knows how to solve it?
    Any advice will be great!
    Thanks a lot!
    Massimo

• Mike
      Mike
      2008-07-15

Hi Massimo,

A couple of questions:
      1. Which QT and KDE versions do You use ?
      2. run kanyremote -d -o to see a lot of debug output. Send it to anyremote (at) mail.ru

• Mike
      Mike
      2008-07-15

Hi Massimo,

A couple of questions again:
      1. Which version of java client works well for You ?
      2. Which version of java client works so strange ?
      3. Which phone do You use ?
      4. Please try to use "Enter BT address" instead of search. See http://anyremote.sourceforge.net/use-jc.html for details.

• Massi
      Massi
      2008-07-15

hello, thanks for quick reply!

Actually I dont know how to get QT's version. I just know thaht python-qt3 and python-qt4 are both installed. My KDE is 3.5.9

But I must say this morning kanyremote started!! Strangely if i wrote "kanyremote -d -o" it does not start, giving error like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      massi@Ubuntu-desktop:~$ kanyremote -d -o
      Use port 5050
      Debug Yes
      populateCfgFiles
      CfgFileReader.run
      Collect files in /home/massi/.anyRemote/
      Proceed with anyremote-peers.conf
      python: ../../src/xcb_lock.c:77: _XGetXCBBuffer: Asserzione '((int) ((xcb_req) - (dpy->request)) >= 0)' fallita.   <--------failed
      KCrash: Application 'kanyremote' crashing...
      massi@Ubuntu-desktop:~$
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I can debug just typing "kanyremote -d".
      I've just tried your trick and it works nice. But i'm experencing some boring problems with amarok (all versions) that refuse to play and add files by anyremote: in debug mode when I add files by anyremote on amarok it appears:

------------------------------------------------------------
      sh: arDir: not found
      sh: arDir: not found
      file_route: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
      Got from backend  Add to playlist(2,VILLANELLE (Dell'Acqua) - J'ai vu passer l'hirondelle)
      translateMsg Add to playlist(2,VILLANELLE (Dell'Acqua) - J'ai vu passer l'hirondelle)
      translateMsg BlinkThread
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when I try to play file added by anyremote I obtain:

-----------------------------------------------------
      translateMsg BlinkThread
      Got from backend  Play(48,The Most Relaxing Classical Album In The World Ever - 19 - J.S. Bach - Cantata No. 140 Sleepers Awake.mp3)
      translateMsg Play(48,The Most Relaxing Classical Album In The World Ever - 19 - J.S. Bach - Cantata No. 140 Sleepers Awake.mp3)
      translateMsg BlinkThread
      ------------------------------------------------------
      but amarok says the file does not exist locally!!

I must say I can add and play files directly on amarok.

My phone is nokia n95 (it works nice in other distro) and java client is the last one (4.07(0) as displayed on the phone)

thank you very musch!
      Massimo

• Mike
      Mike
      2008-07-15

Hi Massimo,

There can be problems if file or directory name contains braces ( "(" "[" ")" "]")
      In any case please test the issue once more send to me $HOME/.anyRemote/anyremote.log