Zolaerla - 2007-01-10

First off, thank you for your interest in ANY!

This is a project I have spent the last month and a half refining before I felt it was ready for submission to SourceForge. It is an enormous undertaking, one that I know I can never hope to accomplish on my own, and my hope is that it will be able to replace operating system-dependent programming for several purposes in the future.

A full description and simple source example exist in the documents section. Unfortunately, it was a text file I submitted so it got eaten alive since only HTML is supported, so I had to convert it to <pre> surrounded content. A nice pretty HTML version may be created later.

You will notice that no operating system has been specified for this project. That is because it, by design, should eventually be able to operate on any operating system. I am most familiar with programming for MSDOS and Windows, so these are the ones I will begin with. I have also used Linux a fair deal (though not X Windows that much) and will take a stab at that as well.

Currently I am designing the AnyASM (AnyAssembly) language, the hardware-independent assembly language that will be the go-between between a high level programming language and the end result running on an end-user's computer. I have dealt with assembly language from the x86, 68000 and 6502/65816 processors and am aiming to take elements that seem prevalent in all assembly languages and tying them into one language.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments!