roughness/friction values file convert

Help
2010-05-26
2013-06-05
  • Harry Adsett
    Harry Adsett
    2010-05-26

I am trying to replicate a MIKE 21 tsunami model. MIKE 21 has the option to add a roughness file (*.dfs2) which has different roughness values at each grid point (manning's 'm' ) Is it possible to do the same in ANUGA??

How do i convert the dfs2 file to what ANUGA reads for roughness values?

otherwise i can set a constant roughness/friction value in MIKE and ANUGA…

• Ole Nielsen
    Ole Nielsen
    2010-05-27

Comparing the models is a great idea - on the ANUGA site you'll find a report by Sachi Canning under ANUGA publications: https://datamining.anu.edu.au/anuga/attachment/wiki/AnugaPublications that you may find useful.

To answer your question, ANUGA can set the roughness independently for each grid point using exactly the same method as used for setting e.g. elevation. See documentation for set_quantity. You'll need to supply your roughness 'surface' as either a bunch of point values, a function or constants. I am not familiar with the format of dfs2, but if you can convert it to x,y,z values you'd be fine.

In any case, I think it is essential to do the comparison with constant values first.

Cheers and good luck
    Ole

• narendra
    narendra
    2012-05-19

I am software developer,and i am very new to hydrodynamic topic ,and recently i had assign a module .In this module i have to take data from server and shown it to front end. So my question is as follow.

1. What is MIKE21? is it application or API?
    2. Is MIKE21 open ware or paid ware?
    3. How i can convert ASCII value to dfs2 grid file.

Looking forward for your reply …..!