Menu

Where are latest sources?

teknux
2006-01-27
2013-04-15
  • teknux

teknux - 2006-01-27

Hi there,

as in subject, where can I get latest sources? it seems there are only old ones.

keep up the good work,
    tek

• defnax

defnax - 2006-01-27

i dont find it too!

its only old source avaible i dont know why?

• defnax

defnax - 2006-01-27

which compiler is needed compile ants?

with ant? then mmust need a build.xml file?

• teknux

teknux - 2006-01-27

don't know about compiling, I'm interested in sources because I'm trying to port it to Mono/.NET platform. more clients, (probably) more chances to increase Ants network ;)

• defnax

defnax - 2006-01-27

i think you must ask gwren for the latest source?

have you a sourceforge page or homepage for your project?

• teknux

teknux - 2006-01-27

yes, I've asked him for the sources and he said that they will be uploaded very soon :)

• christian kündig

i quite intersted in the sources too, and according to the gpl they need to be uploaded anyway ;)

• teknux

teknux - 2006-01-27

sorry but it's not true about the GPL, gwren has the right to not release sources as owner of the project.

if you (not gwren) modify sources and want to release in the wild, then you must release sources

about a port of the code to another language (c# and.NET/Mono for example), don't know, but in my case i will release sources under gpl and i will put credits to gwren inside source files for sure :)

ciao,
        tek

• christian kündig

well, as long as ant is released as open source in the gpl-sense, gwren has to release the sources.

if he changes the license (only possible for the parts he holds the copyright - with respect to the various libs in ants it's almost impossible ;) ), he might do with it what he wants, but than has to cease the sf-account.

but that's all not so important, 'cause as you said, he releases the sources anyway

ps: port to other language is a new software, as it doesn't use any of the ants-sources, so legally the dev can chose whatever license he wants. but credit to gwren is a matter of decency :)

• defnax

defnax - 2006-01-28

its now avaible

but i dont know where i get the third party sources?

like:

javax/xml/...
      ji/ji

org/apache/.../
      org/xml/sax
      org/w3c/dom/..

com/borland/...
      com/limegruop/..

i have the classes from antsp2p.jar but i need the sources for this things

• Roberto Rossi

Roberto Rossi - 2006-01-29

did you try the download section "library resources" ??????

Everything you need to compile is up!

• teknux

teknux - 2006-01-30

tank you for the sources !! the few files i've ported were not modified with the new version :)

• defnax

defnax - 2006-02-01

i have the libs but these all only jar files

i need the sources for these things what i find
      in the antsp2p.jar

in the latest ants source are ji and limegruop
      source avaible

• Roberto Rossi

Roberto Rossi - 2006-03-18

When you release open source you don't have to put all the source together!!!! I release MY sources, and If I include some packages from third parties you have to download sources from THEIR websites and it is not always true that these components are open theirselves! You can include freeware into open source, in that case it is not possible to release sources for third parties freeware (but not open) libraries. THis is the case of limegroup!!!! I reversed engineered the code, but they don't provide it. So I just provide the library they provide, cause if I release their source I break their licence.

THe world is not easy guys...

• Roberto Rossi

btw... I see that now they put a source section... so:

http://www.limewire.org/limewire.zip

here you can find the limegroup sources!

• Roberto Rossi

I've also put my modified sources for some of the libraries