I've added the OS/390 compiler adapter to the code
base. Have no idea if it works in its current state, but I'll at least
keep it compiling.
In addition, I just made a big set of changes to
strip out the PlatformInfo and NamingScheme classes. Those classes had
been pretty much dormant, however there presence made it more complicated to add
new compiler adapters. There is a reasonable chance given the hour that
I've messed up something or forgot to either remove or add a file.
I assume the initial idea behind the PlatformInfo
and NamingScheme classes was that a multi-platform compiler would follow the
naming scheme on the platform. That is not the case with GCC which always
creates .o files even when running on Windows.
I added an adapter for the Intel C/C++ compiler
today assuming that the 4 (could be 6 depending on how you could) different
Intel compilers would have consistent command options. They don't however,
the Windows compilers mimic the command options for Microsoft's compilers and
the Linux compilers seem to mimic GCC. Will probably end up with 4
distinct adapters, icc for IA-32 Linux, icl for IA-32 Windows, ecc for IA-64
Linux and ecl for IA-64 Windows.