Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Need Help Veryurgen- pass args to remote ant

Help
2005-03-25
2013-04-24
  • raghurajang
    raghurajang
    2005-03-25

Hi,
    I was using ant-contrib to pass my parameter to an remote ant server to execute some task but its not working for me

when used just rant i was able to connect to remote ant server and execute some task, but as i wanted to pass parameter to my remote target i moved to ant-contrib and  changed my code as shown below but whenever i run my client its giving me " java.io.EOFException"

Please help me with sample source code to how to do this

here is my code

<remoteant machine="${bp.remoteserver.name}"
                                          port="${bp.rant.portno}">
          <runant dir="${bp.remoteserver.xml}"
                                         target="${bp.rant.target}">
             <property name="env_name" 
                                                value="${env_name}" /
           </runant>
    </remoteant>

• Matt Inger
      Matt Inger
      2005-03-25

i'm assuming this is just a typo, but you're not closing the <property> element.  In any case, this is not enough information for me to work with.  I need to see a small isolated case with the server script, and the client script.

• raghurajang
      raghurajang
      2005-03-25

yeah that was typo

my case my client side code is as shown in my first posting the server side is just echo some message to output file , lets assume my client calls the server target "init" then my server side target would be

<target name="init" depends="path">
              <echo message="${env_name}} got" file="/home/wasadmin/tiersbuild/logs/output.txt" />
          </target>

so whats happening is i'm getting
      "java.io.EOFException"

Can you give me any working examples if you have?

• raghurajang
      raghurajang
      2005-03-25

Hi Matt linger,

I think i should give mroe information on this.

1. what i did is i downloaded Download
            ant-contrib-1.0b2-bin.zip and extracted them then copied the ant-contrib.jar file to my ant.home lib in client
      (windows) aswell as server(solaris)

2. When i tried without ant-contrib remoteant using rant it was working fine for me , then i got this request to make it parameter passable that time i did it with ant-contrib now i'm getting this problem

• raghurajang
      raghurajang
      2005-03-29

Hi Matt

Just found something,

when i added <antserver port="1234"/> within my<remoteant>.. stuff and tried to connect back my local host itself (i.e making both client and server in my local)
      the remoteant stuff working fine.

But when i tried to connect to the other machine(i.e other than local) the antserver things just hangs there the control is not coming back ... i know this how it works even after adding <shutdown> task athe end of <remoteant> the program behaves in same manner. it just hangs there the control is not coming back

Please advise