Help
barrettc
2005-04-06
2013-04-24
  • barrettc
    barrettc
    2005-04-06

Couple of questions:

1. When I execute a remote task, the remote server shuts down. I would expect it to stay running until I issue the shutdown task. Is this by design?
    test:
         [echo] test test test
         [echo] Sleeping for 10 seconds
    Got disconnect command
    Got shutdown command

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

2. Simply starting the antserver and then trying to issue the shutdown command doesn't seem to work. The server says:
    Got disconnect command

and the thread doesn't shut down.

My client window says:
    java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed

• Pete
      Pete
      2005-04-08

I ran across this problem a while ago and thought that the bug was fixed.  I supposed it could be a different bug.    You can see my bug posted including sample code fix to determine if it is the same problem.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=899559&group_id=36177&atid=416920

• barrettc
      barrettc
      2005-04-08

Thanks for the info..

I'm starting to lean towards another solution because of the fact that remote tasks don't have a return code.

In my problem, box 1's behavior is dependent on the success/failure of box 2-N. Since there's no code returned from the remote call, it doesn't really do me any good..

• Pete
        Pete
        2005-04-09

I was able to determine if there was a successful return.  I may have altered the code to do so.  One of the other limitations (this is going back a year or so) was that the return log was in XML.  If the result was rather large, then it could lead to parsing problems on the receiving end.  I added the ability to return the raw log.

But in the end it was quite a good tool.  If I was a real java programmer i would have contributed more than bugs and feature requests.