Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

JAP DOESN'T WORK AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

2008-11-11
2013-05-23
  • Matthew  Conner
    Matthew Conner
    2008-11-11

What a major let down...I had every setting configured the way JAP mentions on the site for Internet Explorer and, Firefox and,
    It doesnt work at all! (I even tried max amount of anonymity) Here's an example: IF you can pull this then, you guys hit the jackpot! Okay, go to http://www.rapidshare.com This website CAN NOT BE FOOLED!
    Try the following: Download a rapidshare file on...on one PC then, download the same rapidshare file
    on another pc....okay, It turns out, they track the ip of the router....on one pc, they stated my IP which I'm gonna change e.g.: 172.48.9.18.1 and, the other one  is 200.182.75.18.37 now, there both DIFFERENT IP's however, freaking rapidshare is not fooled! They know that the both IP's originate from the same damn router! So, beat rapidshare and, I will be delighted to give this app a try :)

• Rolf Wendolsky
      Rolf Wendolsky
      2008-11-11

You did one of the following mistakes:

- You did not deactivate Java in your browser.
      - You did not deactivate Flash in your browser.
      - You misconfigured your browser, e.g. because your forgot to configure the HTTPS or FTP protocol.
      - You did not delete your cookies from a non-anonymous browser session.

As a secure configuration might be quite hard in some cases, please consider using JonDoFox instead:

https://www.jondos.de/en/jondofox

• Rolf Wendolsky
      Rolf Wendolsky
      2008-11-11

And please, do not forget to check your settings using the anonymity test: https://www.jondos.de/en/anontest

• Matthew  Conner
      Matthew Conner
      2008-11-11

Hi steevee21 :)
      Just wanna mention, I did everything that JAP told me to do.
      I even set my cookies to "Block all Website cookies"
      Whats the purpose of deactivating Java & Flash?
      You need flash to use Rapidshare.com Also, I went to IP look up and,
      I stated I was located somewhere in Germany so, I guess jap does work but, rapidshare.com is not being fooled :(

Kind Regards.

:)

• Rolf Wendolsky
        Rolf Wendolsky
        2008-11-11

You do not need Flash for Rapidshare, definitely not for the free use of Rapidshare (I do not know what they do if you are a premium user). Moreover, if a service forces you to use Flash, forget it. He may

- easily get your true IP (with Flash, you may just bypass the Firefox proxy settings)
        - track you forever (with Flash cookies)
        - hack you computer (by using one of the many security bugs in Flash)

The same applies to Java. THis is also mentioned in the help files. We will stress this even more in the next JoNDo version, as this still does not seem to be clear...

As far as I know, however, you only need JavaScript (this is NOT Java) for Rapishare. This does not reveal your IP address, but some of your browser and systems settings, however. If you like to use a sharing service without JavaScript, Cookies, and other unnecessary stuff, use this one:

http://www.share-now.net

• Matthew  Conner
      Matthew Conner
      2008-11-17

Okay, I can now confirm that JAP does not work at all...
      I purchased a brand new PC NEVER been used spanking HP w/Vista and, Deciced to install JAP as
      on it and, I was shocked to know that, Rapidshare STILL!!!!!!! was able to detemin my IP was downloading something and, I was banned on some site and, that doesnt work either!
      Here is what I found that works: In order for me to view the site as a guest, I had to delete my cookies and, use a different Internet service provider in order for it to work. :(

• Matthew  Conner
      Matthew Conner
      2008-11-17

My apologies: 1st of, JAP does not work however, JAP Jondo does! I decided to follow the link that you provided steve and, it seem to have worked! Thank you for the solution! So, here is my question? Why have regular JAP around when, JAP jondo is what really works? Anyway happy browsing :D