minor bugs have been fixed in the test cases.
AKT 0.8 has just been rleased. The most important changes are:
1) the akt_mod module does not exist anymore
2) the sysfs hierarchy for the tunables has changed
3) the config_tunables script has been updated to
reflect the changes under sysfs
The kernel patches apply to 2.6.20-rc4 kernel release
a new project (libtune) has been created to host what used to be the AKT API. The new site is http://libtune.sourceforge.net
The 4th version of AKT has just been rleased. The most important changes are:
1) the component that registers a tunable can now register an automatic tuning routine
2) the tunables names are now shown under sysfs
The 3rd version of AKT has just been released. The most important changes are:
1) Tunables management has been moved from configfs to sysfs
2) Some more tunables are now supported:
The second version of AKT has just been released. It includes the following changes:
1) RCU-based lock mechanism into the kernel part
2) New configuration script based on lxdialog (uses curses) to help selecting the tunable(s) candidate for dynamic adjustment
The first version of AKT has just been released.
This package is a prototype.
It currently includes only what is needed to
dynamically adjust the semmni tunable (maximum
number of semaphores that can be created on the
. kernel patch to register semmni as
potentially dynamically adjustable.
. akt_mod module, that should be loaded to
enable dynamic adjustment of the
registered kernel tunables.
. a set of scripts that help managing automatic
. a test of semaphores creation limits.
libtune version 0.7 has just been released:
1) Support for various kernel releases, distributions and families has been added
2) tun_get_kwd() functionality has been added
3) tun_lst_all() functionality has been added
Note: the release number has "suddenly" jumped from 0.3 to 0.7 to make it coherent with the design release number.
libtune version 0.3 has just been released.
1) The tuned daemon has been added: it detects any pseudo-file added under /proc or /sys
2) TUNDB has been split in 7 sub-databases
3) The tests have been updated accordingly
libtune version 0.2 has just been released.
1) The following interfaces have been added to libtune:
. tun_set(), tun_locate() and tun_help()
2) The tests have been updated accordingly
3) Some commands built on top of the API, can also be foud in the "tests" directory
The 1st version of the libtune API has just been released.
This package currently includes:
. libtune API:
. it interfaces a number of files in procfs, sysfs (only 1), as
well as the syscalls shmctl(), setrlimit(), getrlimit()
. it is based on Linux kernel version 2.6.9
. it only contains the get part of the API
. it is not yet multi-distros/multi-release
. an example usage for each tunable listed in libtune.h