Summary: Add support for OAuth authentication of feeds
Platform: Ubuntu Packages
Version: 1.2.9 (using KDE 1.2)
Some feeds are not public to the world. For example, status feeds of protected
twitter users. To access the feed, an app has to be authorized with OAuth.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Follow a protected user on twitter
2. subscribe to that user's RSS feed
3. attempt to fetch that feed in akregator
4. akregator will ask for a username & password
5. Enter username & password
it will not authorize, and not fetch the protected feed. This is because
twitter recently discontinued all use of basic HTTP auth.
on subscribing to the feed, or requesting authorization, akregator should allow
the user to authorize using OAuth, and then access the protected feed.
Configure bugmail: https://bugs.kde.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug.