Just Launched: You can now import projects and releases from Google Code onto SourceForge
We are excited to release new functionality to enable a 1-click import from Google Code onto the Allura platform on SourceForge. You can import tickets, wikis, source, releases, and more with a few simple steps. Read More
From: Frank Osterfeld <frank.osterfeld@gm...> - 2004-10-16 18:33:36
I did some brain storming and here is the result.
Please comment and add things I forgot.
- Continue refactoring, next task: move fetch code to the node classes.
- move systray and configure dialog code from aKregator to AkregatorPart (then
it can be used in kontact)
- The version checking for the kontact plugin should be improved. Current KDE
3.3 branch has same version as HEAD (3.3.89) accidentally (thus, the check
fails). Also, kdepim is independent from kdelibs, people could use a new
kdepim with old kdelibs.
Proposed fix: check for libkdepim/part.h in configure script and set a flag
(maybe some autotools magician reads this? ;-) )
- make akregatorpart a read-only part. (because KPIM::Part is a readonly part
and we don't need the readwrite functionality anymore)
- fetching interval set for feed should override global setting. At the
moment, if global interval is 30 minutes, all feeds are fetched every 30
minutes, regardless of feed settings.
- add possibility to delete articles
- add possibility to set the "keep flag" (GUI only, already supported by
- change behavior of search filter: Search strings should be splitted IMHO:
An article should also match "I like akregator" when it contains "I think I
will like this akregator".
- make it optional whether a feed group should show the articles of it's
children or not
- check usability of kdom and have a look how it could improve speed and
handling of broken XML.
- implement search folders: find powerful yet easy to use criteria. Think
about performance issues, a search folder can observe a really huge amount of
articles (e.g. "All Feeds").
- read Aaron Seigo's proposal on use of systray icons (not published yet I
think) and adjust akregator when it's official.
- idea: optimize archive loading:
- save headers and status seperated from article content. Load content only
- rename aKregator, aKregatorView and aKregatorPart to Akregator,
AkregatorView, AkregatorPart and so on
From: Teemu Rytilahti <teemu.rytilahti@kd...> - 2004-10-31 21:15:35
Kirjoitit viestiss=E4si (l=E4hetysaika lauantai, 30. lokakuuta 2004 16:05):
> Things to fix before beta8:
> * Handle the case when a stand-alone akregator instance is already running
> when the user loads the akregator kontact plugin. At the moment the feed
> list isn't loaded in the plugin, and the entries in the feed list get
> duplicated for some reason.
=46or now the list is actually loaded, but there's still duplication I thin=
> - improve context menus: make link context menu more complete, move
> actions which makes sense for ArticleViewer to Viewer.
Yes, back&forward into link menu, perhaps "open link in background tab" too.
> - save and restore scrollbar positions
Hmm, in session management or..?
And I'd like to add these:
* Summary for feeds and folders too.
* Add copyrights (to librss/something and to articlesequence)
* Do some cleaning based on kdetestscripts (I'll do this tomorrow, hopefull=
* Something else..?
Lets move this into devel list, so every developer can add and discuss abou=