Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

format ofr iPOD Nano 4G

paolo
2009-09-09
2013-04-16
  • paolo
    paolo
    2009-09-09

hi! first of all i want to thank the developers of this project, good job guys! this is a really great software.

i just want to suggest if you can include in the new settings the iPod Nano 4G.i was having problems with converting movies/videos to the mp4 format supported by this iPod. tried the default iPod settings but the resulting mp4 file did not work on the iPod :(

hope you can include this in the next release :)

• Thanks! I'm glad others find it useful too.  I wrote the GUI on top of the fabulous ffmpeg.exe tool while looking for a program that converted good video for my BlackBerry and some friends' iPhone/iTouch devices.  Maybe the newer generations are more picky about the files that are produced, and there is a newer mp4box that I could try.

I'll test and include the newer mp4box (0.4.5 instead of 0.4.4) in the next release.  Unforunately I don't have a real Apple iSomething to test.  I wonder if a simulator will do …

• paolo
    paolo
    2009-09-13

thanks so much! i'm not really sure why, it tried experimenting with the options given and it seems the problem is with the video codec used. i dunno if this would help but, the mp4 videos i downloaded thru **keepvid.com** worked perfectly with the iPod. 

could also include batch processing of files in the same directory? :D if this is not asking for much.

thanks a lot!