Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

user settings

Help
2011-01-04
2012-11-15
  • Hi!
    I have problems understanding how to make my chat avaible with just a nickname. I don't want to connect it to a register or something like that. I have tryed to read the readme file but it don't make sense to me how to do! I suppose it's pretty easy making it but I just need a little help with that! :)
    Thank you for a great support!

• BREZ
    BREZ
    2011-01-04

well you could allow your guests to login with their own name

• Yes true but my question is how to create this in the users.php file.I have problems understanding in that file :P

• BREZ
    BREZ
    2011-01-04

Its not in the users.php

open lib/config.php and find this and set all 3 to true

// Enable/Disable guest logins:
    $config = false;
    // Enable/Disable write access for guest users - if disabled, guest users may not write messages:
    $config = false;
    // Allow/Disallow guest users to choose their own userName:
    $config = true;

• Great! Now it's true, true, true.
    But when i try to login with a nickname, this error code comes up:

Query: SELECT userID, userName, userRole, channel, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(dateTime) AS timeStamp, ip FROM 117705-chatt.ajax_chat_online ORDER BY userName; Error-Report: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '117705-chatt.ajax_chat_online ORDER BY userName' at line 9 Error-Code: 1064

Any idea how to fix it?
    Many thanks for helping me!

• BREZ
    BREZ
    2011-01-04

What version of MySQL are you using?

• MySQL klientversion: 5.0.51a

• BREZ
    BREZ
    2011-01-04

OK, as you have changed your config.php file you need to go to your cpanel, open MySQL Databases, and press repair button of the corresponding db. You may now need to clear your cache as well to see the removed error.