Localization Integration AJAX Chat question

ImDude
2008-05-08
2012-11-15
  • ImDude
    ImDude
    2008-05-08

Hi , I'm stumbled with the language integration into AJAX chat, I followed the guide and everything went pretty smooth until I tested it live using my language. and right away I realized that I need more help with it. Some of the characters are shown as question mark , etc . So I know that I lack information on how to encode my localization files in UTF-8 and I was also confused with the (Byte-order mark) thing. can anyone help me with that? And the language I am translating is - Lithuanian. Thanks a lot

• Download and install notepad ++ from http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/

Open up one of the existing language files and edit with notepad ++ (and just save it under a new name). It will keep the encoding the way it should be.

• ImDude
        ImDude
        2008-05-09

that's exactly what I did I basically translated the en.php and en.js files into my language and added it into the config.php when I test live it comes back with bunch of letters as question marks, any other suggestion what it may be??? the config.php has UTF-8 , I changed to ISO-8859-1 and still same problem. I am trying to integrate into exciting punBB forums which already has my language integration, the other thing is that other languages seem to be just fine. so I am a little lost

• Oh, and please share with us your localization so we can add it to the official chat!