Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

2 Wishes

naadhicar
2008-02-12
2012-11-15
  • naadhicar
    naadhicar
    2008-02-12

I think AJAX is a really good application and works well.

But to really use it I need 2 things:
       - Each user could give a short description that can be viewed by all users
       - The possibility to open a new tab (several new tabs) to enter a private conversation with a given user (several users)

But it is really the best chat application I have seen

• There is already a "new window for private messages" feature request in the tracking system: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1885783&group_id=214758&atid=1030957

As to coupling the chat with a forum I would suggest one of the following, as there are already integration versions available:
      * phpBB2
      * phpBB3
      * MyBB
      * PunBB
      * SMF
      * vBulletin

In fact the standalone version is just an example - the forum integration versions are what the chat is meant for.

• I will agree with the tabs or new windows for private messages. That would be useful.

However user details should come from your forums. I prefer to have the chat light-weight and not introduce anything like bio's or avatars.

• naadhicar
        naadhicar
        2008-02-13

I did not thought about coupling the chat with a forum, It is a good idea.
        Any idea about an open source forum?

Thank you

• naadhicar
        naadhicar
        2008-02-13

I did not thougth about coupling the chat with a forum, It is a good idea.
        Any idea about an open source forum?

Thank you