I am pleased to announce the release of version 2.0 of AIMLBot and the project's move to
AIMLBot (Program#) is a small, fast, standards-compliant yet easily customizable .NET dll implementation of an
AIML (Artificial Intelligence Markup Language) based chatter bot. AIMLBot has been tested on both Microsoft's runtime
environment and Mono.
This version boasts:
* Better cross-platform compatibility. Support for .NET 1.1, 2.0 and XNA as well as the open source MONO project (tested
under version 1.1). Testing on Windows Vista with version 3.0 of the .NET platform is pending.
* A completely new modular architecture to make it easier for developers to extend and add functionality.
* A simpler and more logical API.
* Standards compliant AIML support with the option for custom tags.
* Very small size (currently only 52k).
* Very fast (over 30,000 categories processed in under a second).
* Inclusion of a comprehensive test suite including over 200 unit tests (based upon nUnit).
* A means of saving the bot's “brain” as a binary file (Graphmaster.dat).
* Some simple code snippets and examples for developers to get started (simple windows and console based applications
as well as a sample custom tags library).
* Appropriately commented code.
* Comprehensive documentation.