Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Are people interested in an updated version?

2009-05-21
2013-04-22
  • Guys,

*I* was under the impression AIMLBot was (if not dead) sleeping. But this recent activity demonstrates otherwise.

I did do quite a bit of work on a version 3.0 - a very much better designed re-write from the ground up. Unfortunately, I never finished it. Would people like me to get this finished..?

Nicholas.

• roberto gilli
      roberto gilli
      2009-05-21

i can help in testing AIML.
      hard core programming is not for my old brain.. ;-)

ciao
      roberto

• ChrisW
      ChrisW
      2009-05-21

Back to life :)

A version 3.0 would be very interesting.

Is there any way you can let me have the best email address I can contact you on? I have some information which you might be interested in.

Thx

• ChrisW,

Contact details here: http://ntoll.org/contact

Nicholas.

• ChrisW
        ChrisW
        2009-05-21

Email sent to Google.

ChrisW

• Hi!

I've only just begun playing around with AIMLBot, but very impressed already. Any updates that would make it even better would be appreciated :)

Ard

• mrsmithgtw
        mrsmithgtw
        2009-07-15

I made a few changes so that it can be called by Muti Threads. I could provide that info

• Are those changes to 2.5? If so, I would be interested, yes ;)

• I am very much interested in an updated version.  I am a Second Life addict and having a more powerful AI-powered METAbolt bot replacing me now and again would give me much needed sleep. (-:  Currenly I cannot make <that> and <topic> tags to work, and that really saddens me...  Also I cannot set 'name', 'topic', 'it'.

I am not a programmer, but I love writing AIML categories, so without 'that' , 'topic' etc. it is just so frustrating.

• John Caro
      John Caro
      2009-08-03

I am not only interested but am willing to fund at least part of the effort

• Vauntie
      Vauntie
      2009-08-03

Yes I certainly am!

I have been using this project for years !

• Guys,

1) Apologies for the silence from my end. Since May I've lost my job, found another, been offered my old job back again and started another new project for a new client. To say that I've been distracted by other things is an understatement - but happily life has settled down again. ;-)
      2) Obviously, AIMLBot is important enough that development continues.
      3) There seem to be some well known (to you guys, as users) gripes / bugs in AIMLBot. A succinct list of what is broken would be nice to have. I'll just work down this list for a 2.5.2 release.
      4) Version 3: will require much more work - so don't hold your breath.

Looking forward to the list...

Nicholas.

• Bill
      Bill
      2009-09-02

Yes, very interested in an updated version. I am glad you are back.

• Jose
    Jose
    2009-11-02

Yes, 

thanks in advance

• Kevin Brandon
    Kevin Brandon
    2010-09-11

I would be very interested in a Version 3!  Any updates on the status?

Thanks,

• John McCarthy
    John McCarthy
    2010-10-28

I used a version of ALICE on a PHPBB for many years as a help client.  Since I had it setup with a username, many people thought it was an actual person.  Now I use this version with the Radegast Client for SecondLife and it works very well.  Any future work on upgrading would be fantastic.

• Guy El
    Guy El
    2011-03-23

I would be very interested in a Version 3! Any updates on the status? Thanks,

• Anonymous
    2011-07-09

Also interested in Version 3 !

• Jack Han
    Jack Han
    2012-01-11

looking forwad to V3. I am from China and you know we use much different language. Hope V3 support Chinese Simplified.
    Good Luck!