All Games Loading Horizontal After CPU Swap.

Jack Bauer
2009-05-05
2013-05-20
  • Jack  Bauer
    Jack Bauer
    2009-05-05

Hey guys, I just swapped out my old cpu for a better faster one. I swapped all the info and data just fine, everything loads up fine but all of the games load horizontal, where can I change the settings so that I can change the games orientation by 90 degrees clockwise?

• Jack  Bauer
      Jack Bauer
      2009-05-06

So after some fiddling with my graphics accelerator I got the roms to load correctly (under trouble shooting I had to lower its capacity), but I had to disable DirectX to make it work, which in turn made my menu load up all funky i.e. extremely stretched, any ideas?

• Jack  Bauer
      Jack Bauer
      2009-05-13

Any help?

• tkb101
      tkb101
      2009-05-14

check the following:

display_ror YES | NO
      display_rol YES | NO
      display_flipx YES | NO
      display_flipy YES | NO

toggle it to undo or force rotation.

• Jack  Bauer
        Jack Bauer
        2009-05-14

Where do I find these settings?

• Jack  Bauer
        Jack Bauer
        2009-05-15

Finally found it thanks! But, it is still not working properly after I rotate it the game becomes super squished on the screen. But after I turn off DirectDraw and Direct 3D acceleration, it starts working fine. But if choose to keep these things off my other stuff doesn't work. What do you think it could be? Maybe my video card?

• tkb101
      tkb101
      2009-05-14

advmame.rc.

• Jack  Bauer
      Jack Bauer
      2009-05-14

I hate to continue to ask stupid questions, but I cannot find that file anywhere?

• tkb101
      tkb101
      2009-05-15

it should be in your advmame folder, where advmame.exe is.

• Jack  Bauer
      Jack Bauer
      2009-05-15

Also prior to fiddling with the RC file, if I turned off the DirectDraw and Direct 3D it would work perfectly.

• Jack  Bauer
      Jack Bauer
      2009-05-16

It was the video card that was crapping out on me. Thanks for all your patience and help!