Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

EthernetIPforCLXComm to DH+

Help
2012-10-03
2013-05-30
  • OccamsRazor
    OccamsRazor
    2012-10-03

Hello,  Lovin the Advanced HMI!

I'm a newb to VB first off. I have used the advanced HMI a little bit with DFCOMM to an SCL500 for learning.
    I'm now trying to connect to a PLC 5 via DH+ through a control logix backplane with an ethernet IP card.

file:///media/BIGFATDRIVE/control%20logix%20map.bmp
    I'm just tryin the basic button and digital panel meter to get started but can't get connected.
    I've used the EthernetIPforCLXComm driver, selected slot 1 but i"m unsure how to tell it node/station 3.
    any Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

• Archie
    Archie
    2012-10-03

The current CLX driver does not support the controlLogix as a gateway. The only way to connect to your PLC5 is direct ethernet, DF1, or by using a DF1 to DH+ converter such as a Datalink DL3500. I think a 1770-KF2 module will also work.

• OccamsRazor
    OccamsRazor
    2012-10-03

OK thanks for the info and quick reply I tried to post a picture with it but failed. I'll try again to get it right for next time.
    Thanks Archie!

• OccamsRazor
    OccamsRazor
    2012-10-03

• OccamsRazor
    OccamsRazor
    2012-10-10

Hello again,
    I'm having more trouble connecting with direct ethernet.  It's acctually through a switch which rslinx sees with no trouble but I cant get the HMI to "talk"  It still a simple sketch digital panel meter reading a timer and a pilot light reading an output. T4:20.ACC and O:002/15.  Would the switch be my problem? can the driver connect through it?
    setup=
    (name) EthernetIpforPlcSlcMicroComm1
    AsyncMode - False
    DisableSubscriptions - False
    GenerateMember - True
    Modifiers - Friend
    MyNode - 0
    PollRateOverride - 0
    SynchronizingObject - MainForm
    TargetNode - 0

Thanks, Marc

• Archie
    Archie
    2012-10-10

Which version are you using? Did you try a BasicLabel to see if you get an error message?

• OccamsRazor
    OccamsRazor
    2012-10-10

I'm using version beta v323 and I just tried BasicLabel and got no error's.  My network connection shows traffic when I goto debug (F5) but I get no data for the meter or light.

• Archie
    Archie
    2012-10-10

I would try version 3.26 because 3.23 had some issues with reading IO tables.

• OccamsRazor
    OccamsRazor
    2012-10-10

Ok thanks, I'll do that and report back if it doesn't work
    Thanks.

• OccamsRazor
    OccamsRazor
    2012-10-10

ok I've tried v3.26 and it's stil the same.  super new to VB so just to be sure T4:20.ACC goes in PLCAdressValue correct?  none of the other PLCAdress fields need to be filled?  it worked fine using v3.21 and DF1 with an slc but I haven't tried serial to PLC 5 yet.
    any Other ideas are appreciated.

• Archie
    Archie
    2012-10-10

Put a break point at line 440 in AllenBradleyPCCC.vb at this line:

Return ProcessorType

When it stops at that breakpoint, hover the mouse over ProcessorType to see what the value is.

• OccamsRazor
    OccamsRazor
    2012-10-10

Ok i got a ProcesorType 131
    I tried to use DF1Comm and go serial with no luck kept gettin:
    A first chance exception of type 'MfgControl.AdvancedHMI.Drivers.Common.PLCDriverException' occurred in AdvancedHMIDrivers.dll
    Thanks

• Archie
    Archie
    2012-10-10

That would be Hex 83 and that one is not defined in the driver. What is the exact model of the PLC?

• OccamsRazor
    OccamsRazor
    2012-10-10

it's a PLC5/30 E   1785-L30B/E

• Archie
    Archie
    2012-10-10

Download this driver patch:

http:www.advancedhmi.com/driverpatch326.zip

Extract the file and replace the one in the AdvancedHMIDrivers\support directory

Rebuild the project

• OccamsRazor
    OccamsRazor
    2012-10-10

Awesome that works just right. it's good to go now.  Thanks for your helpand quick responses.

• OccamsRazor
    OccamsRazor
    2012-10-23

Hello yet again.
    I'm trying to connect to a PLC5/80E and no luck I did the break on line 440 in AllenBradleyPCCC.vb and got 134 (86 HEX)
    Is this one supported under the driver?
    Thanks,
    Marc

• OccamsRazor
    OccamsRazor
    2012-10-24

Your awesome, Thank you so much!!

Is there any way i could do this so I don't have to bug you so much?
    Anyway Thanks again.

• Archie
    Archie
    2012-10-24

Those changes are in the non-open source code, so there is no way for you to make them. I don't mind making the changes because it gets the changes integrated into future releases.