Problems 1761-NET-ENIW connected to SLC500

Help
2013-05-14
2013-05-30
  • I'm using an old version of your advancedhmi for reading some values from plcs in our production. This Works, but I have some of the problems others have described (plc switched off and cannot re-connect).

At the moment I'm using EthernetIPforSLCMicroComm.

I have tried version 3.27 and is using EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroComm, but it's not working. I open your project and create a form with the plc and a control. But when I start the program, it gives me an execption 'Nullreference was unhandled' in SendData.

If I use the EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroComm in my own project, I get the same exception. It looks like the DLL-instance is NULL.

Is there a problem with my PLC and AdvancedHMI?

Best regards
    Claus S.

• Archie
    Archie
    2013-05-14

I found some problems with the SLC driver in version 3.27 so I am working on a fix and should have version 3.28 posted within the next day or two.

• Hi

You are a busy man…

I've just tried version 3.29 and this seems to work much better. I can read values from our PLC's.

But if I try to write to a bit (the tag is called N50:0/1), then I get an exception 'IndexOutOfRangeException' in the function 'ExtractData' in 'AllenBradleyPCCC'

I use a 'MomentaryButton' to do this.

• Archie
    Archie
    2013-05-16

I'll post version 3.30 tonight that will have a fix to the SLC writing

• Thx.

I tried your new version and now I can update the bit in our PLC.

But if I use 'setrunmode' on the PLC, the code gives an exception 'NullReference' in 'PrefixAndSend'.

• Archie
    Archie
    2013-05-17

I fixed the SetRunMode and SetProgramMode. Those fixes will be in the next release of v3.31 or higher