Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

reading a value to a guage or meter

Help
ian
2012-07-29
2013-05-30
  • ian
    ian
    2012-07-29

hello
    i am typing in the tag based name eg level1 from a compactlogix l35e, using ethernet ip but the program hangs.
    just want to read 1 variable
    i can write and integer and write a bit, but reading is an issue directly into the properties of the controls.
    can anyone help
    thanks

• Archie
    Archie
    2012-07-30

it may be your tag scope. I recommend using controller scope tags, but if you want to use program scope, the format has to be like this:

Program: programname.tagname

• ian
    ian
    2012-07-30

hello
    it is a controller scope tag
    the text i enter in the "plcaddresstext" is smple   igvalue
    but it flags and errors every time.
    the program halts every time when i want to read and dint or int at the following.
    Dim d() As String = ExtractData(PLCAddressByTNS(SequenceNumber).PLCAddress, DataType, ReturnedData)

hope this is of some help to solve what I am clearly doing wrong.
    thanks

• Archie
    Archie
    2012-07-30

Does it stop and give an error? Or is there just a breakpoint on that line (a red dot in the margin to the left)? If it is a break point, just click the red dot to make it go away.

• ian
    ian
    2012-07-30

hi
    i dont understand I do nothing really different but it works now
    i did click the break point, but i did not put it ther, i guess this is reminance of an earlier problem i created.

all great though.
    thanks