Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Downloaded example will not run

Help
2012-07-05
2013-05-30
  • Andy Lawton
    Andy Lawton
    2012-07-05

I downloaded the code from the website today, and tried to open it in Visual Studio 2010 Pro. The upgrade wizard ran, and converted everything OK. I then built the drivers (Build/Build Advanced HMI drivers) and then built the solution. When I ran it, I got an error where the application tries to connect to the Matrikon OPC server - which I have installed and I can connect to OK with the Matrikon OPC Explorer. The error is:
    Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'OpcRcw.Comn.IOPCServerList2'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{9DD0B56C-AD9E-43EE-8305-487F3188BF7A}' failed due to the following error: Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

This occurs in OPCComm.vb, in CreateDLLInstance, at the line DLL.Connect.
    It sounds like there is some COM component that it's trying to use that isn't registered. Any ideas?

• Archie
    Archie
    2013-01-10

A solution was just recently discovered to this problem. A 32 bit OPC dll is being attemped to run on a 64 bit machine. You will need to change  the target CPU to x86.

- Right Click on AdvancedHMI in Solution Explorer and select Properties
    - Select the Compile tab
    - In VS 2012, you will see a drop down box for Target CPU, change to x86
    - In VS 2010, you will need to click the Advanced Compile Options button at the bottom to get to Target CPU